Hi, I am Abril !!
I am very excited that you have arrived here!!
I want to share with you the magic of art therapy, as a way towards healing and transformation that allows you to get in touch with your inner-self through art!
What is Anthroposophical Art therapy?
Anthroposophic art therapy and “normal” art therapy are two distinct approaches to the use of the art as a therapeutic tool.
Anthroposophic art therapy is based on the philosophy of Rudolf Steiner, which emphasizes the connection between the human being and the universe, and approaches the human being as a holistic being that is made up of body, mind and spirit.
Anthropophic art-therapy aims at the emotional and mental well-being of individuals.
In anthroposophic art therapy, different forms of art such as painting, sculpture, drawing, etc. are used to allow the persona to express and explore their thoughts, feelings and emotions.
These tecniques are seen as means to access deep aspects of the human being, including the unconscious, the soul and the spirit.
Who is Abril?
Abril is an artist and art therapist (anthroposophical) based in Los Cabos, Mexico.
She creates virtual and in person art therapy courses focused on helping people promote and develop self-awareness and stress reduction in their lives.
She has created art therapy courses such as:
Awakening the heart through art: It helps to promote connection to your heart center.
Getting out of our boxes: It helps to promote the expansion of fixed ideas and beliefs.
Self-love course: Helps to promote and develop your self-love through art.
Balancing the feminine and masculine energy: Promotes the understanding of both energies to reach a balance in our lives.
Crazy Woman Workshop: Promotes self-awareness to observe your difficult emotions and thus reach self-acceptance.
Couples Art therapy Course: In this course you live a different experience with your partner and you both will be able to connect and communicate through art.
Art-therapy experience: This is a basic art-therapy experience for those who wish to experience a therapeutic art process.
Mother and Daughter art-therapy workshop: In this course you get to connect and spend time with your daughter in a creative space.
Abril’s art therapy courses and workshops deal with a wide range of emotional topics: such as grief, depression, self-love, self-knowledge, self-acceptance and how we can stimulate our internal healing energy to promote overall health through art.
Abril lives with her two daughters and her loving husband, she loves to create through art and can be found surfing in the ocean or reading books.
Healing through art therapy
What kind words people are saying about us!!
“Art therapy guided by Abril is a delicate and transformative experience”
Carolina Porras (Colombia).
Art therapy course modelling the platonic bodies – going from the element of the sphere to the earth element.
“The sensations that
were emerging were smooth
Sofia Lemus (Acapulco, México).
Private Art therapy sessions for grief.
Thank you so much for an amazing course!
Jessica Burgett, (United States)
Crazy Woman art therapy course.
“Connecting with crazy Woman course was a unique experience”
Leonora Guerra ( Los Cabos, México).
Crazy Woman art therapy course.
“Art therapy with Abril it’s a place of connection with love, a wonderful and restorative experience!”.
Johana Andrea Sandoval S. ( Chia, Colombia).
Art therapy Course “Awaking the heart through art”.
Understanding how through the expression of being we can work our emotions and thoughts is very powerful.
The work of April’s hand lovingly led me to observe myself, to understand what I felt and what I thought at that moment and how I could work on it and take it to a place of light and love.
Thank you Abril for your medicine!
The reason why I started art therapy was because I had many losses during the peak of the pandemic. In retrospect I felt isolated and in a sad darkness, something that I could not express or understand with words.
As time went by with the sessions, I felt more familiar with the pastel colors I was using and the charcoal… the sensations that arose were soft and reconciling.
I want to mention that I had no proximity to this way of facing difficult situations and to tell you the truth there are things that are not understood rationally. So this approach through art, was the best way to embrace my pain and allow myself to accept the emotions and joys of letting go what was left behind.
I highly recommend this art therapy experience and I would gladly do it again. Personally, it was a dive into myself that I had never experienced. Guided by the extensive knowledge and professionalism of Abril, along with her unique technique full of love and passion for her work. I discovered a woman full of strength, full of her own light, a determined woman, who knows what actions to make, who can fully trust herself and in all her being and that woman is me.
Crazy woman took me to little known and unexplored corners of myself that I now recognize, embrace, celebrate and love! thanks Abril!
Thank you so much for an amazing course! I thought it was well planned and and easy for me to follow. I really enjoyed it and appreciated that you made it fun! Thank you for sharing your passion for art therapy and wisdom. I could feel how much you deeply care about this course and my experience.
…it helps you to go towards your inner silence, observing what you feel and think while you are painting, paying attention to your body, to your emotions; connecting with your senses, releasing thoughts that lead you to emotions that are not constructive, been able to release them, and then to see yourself immersed in the canvas and painting with your heart and enjoying the moment, without seeking perfection or desire for control, only you , painting with the colors of the heart. 🎨🥰❤️
To receive information on new courses
Frequently asked questions
Do I need any art skills to take this course?
• You do not need any artistic skills in these courses/workshops, because in art therapy the most important thing is the process and the feelings you experience while you are making art and not the result of what you make.
What technology do I need to participate in the online courses or workshops?
• You need a computer or mobile device with internet access. And a high-speed connection for a better experience and less frustration.
• You also need to have a current and accessible email account and basic knowledge of ICT.
Is there a list of suggested materials?
• Yes, and this will be visible in the introduction of the virtual course. However, you are encouraged you to start the course and substitute with whatever material you have on hand. In addition, the material you buy does not have to be of higher quality or very expensive. However, it is recommended in certain courses, some materials of a certain quality so that your experience with art therapy is a great one.
Does Abril answer questions and give individual feedback?
• Abril is available to answer questions and encourage you, via email, however, as this is a self-guided course/workshop, April does not provide detailed individual feedback.
• Emails sent to April will have a response in 3 business days. Please be specific in your questions, so that communication flows productively and effectively.
How long do I have access to the online course/workshop?
• The courses/workshops are online for a period of 6 months or unless otherwise stated in a particular course or workshop.
Are the videos downloadable?
• The videos are not downloadable, but are available 24/7 within the course so you can come back and enjoy them whenever you like.
What is the refund policy?
• Virtual courses or workshops are non-refundable. Please buy carefully and be sure to check the minimum technical requirements above before purchasing.
• However, I want you to be able to experience art therapy, so please reach out if you have any questions.